The Definitive Source for Wholesale Cannabis Prices
- 2020 U.S. Wholesale Cannabis Market Overview & Analysis
- 2020 State Wholesale Market Monthly Average Prices & Analysis:
- The arrival of the COVID-19 pandemic upended daily life in the U.S. for most of 2020. State-legal cannabis markets across the country saw record-breaking demand, particularly in the summer, which has largely persisted and has helped elevate wholesale flower prices.
- Maturing legal markets are capturing additional demand, presumably both existing and new. For example, in 2020 both Colorado and Oregon saw growth rates in annual revenue accelerate significantly compared to prior years.
- The establishment and expansion of new legal adult-use markets with higher wholesale prices – namely Massachusetts, Michigan, and Illinois – helped push up the national composite price.
- Cannabis Benchmarks’ Chart Book contains 2020 flower sales volume figures for several major markets, including California. Based on information provided by state officials, Cannabis Benchmarks estimates that the amount of wholesale flower that entered the commercial market in California expanded by roughly 55% from 2019 to 2020. Other markets for which flower sales volume data or estimates are provided include Colorado, Oregon, Michigan, Arizona, and Illinois.
- The Chart Book includes a roundup of 2020’s annual sales figures for numerous major markets – including Colorado, Oregon, Washington, Nevada, Michigan, Illinois, and Massachusetts – and sets them in context with prior year revenue data and growth trends.